I hope everyone had a wonderful winter break. There is a lot of info in this e-mail, so please make sure to read this carefully! I tried to keep everything short and to the point.
Symphonic and Chamber Orchestra Remaining Rehearsals
- Monday, January 10th 3:30-5:30pm
- Monday, January 24th 3:30-5:30pm
- Monday, January 31st 3:30-5:30pm (DRESS REHEARSAL, No uniform)
Symphonic and Chamber Orchestra KMEA Performance
- Thursday, February 3rd
- Bring uniform and instrument to school; no personal belongings other than a small bag
- Go to advisory; report to orchestra room 1st block (B-Day)
- We will not return until close to 7:30pm; make sure to contact your teachers ahead of time for missed assignments
- Performance is FREE and Open to the public – Kentucky International Convention Center, 4:30pm
Solo & Ensemble
- Saturday, January 29th at BSHS
- If you have any specific time requests, I MUST know by THIS FRIDAY MORNING!
- Do not forget your instrument, music and to dress nicely!
- Parent preview performance
- Thursday, January 27th 6:30pm in the Auditorium
- You may stay after-school or arrive by 5:30pm
- Students may wear any dress attire
- When there are NTI/Snow Days, there will be ZOOM classes (unless FCPS/FDHS says otherwise).
- Links for the Zoom classes will be on Canvas.
- In order to receive credit, you must have your camera on and instrument in your hand (participating).
- If you cannot play at home for any reason, please contact me ASAP for an alternative assignment.
EKU High School String Festival
- Optional activity for any students interested
- We are limited to only 25 students – priority will be given based on grade level/ensemble placement
- Contact Mrs. Payne ASAP if you plan on participating
More information for specific events/activities will be sent as we get closer to the dates. Please make sure to let me know if you have any questions.
Hello FDHS Orchestra Families!
I hope you enjoyed our concert last week – we have received nothing but positive feedback from everyone present! The students did a fantastic job, especially as it was our first time ever performing together in the gym.
As it is finals week, just a few reminders:
A3 – will have their final on Friday; they should take their instruments home tomorrow.
A4 – will have their final Tomorrow; they do not need their instruments the rest of the week, and should take them home today.
B3 – will have their final Thursday; they should take their instruments home today.
When we return in January, the Symphonic and Chamber orchestra have just 3 rehearsals left until our KMEA performance! Since we will be adding our guest artist, and we have so many students that need to “split time” with other activities, these final 3 rehearsal will end at 5:30pm.
Monday, January 10th 3:30-5:30pm
Monday, January 24th 3:30-5:30pm
Monday, January 31st 3:30-5:30pm
If you need to split time with another FDHS activity, please let me know ASAP so we can work it out with the coaches/sponsors. We ask that all students try as best as possible to be in attendance for the full time at our FINAL rehearsal on January 31st. Please make sure to talk to your coaches/sponsors in advance so there are no surprises.
Our Fiddle Club has created a Holiday Album for you to enjoy this winter season! The students prepared 30 minutes of music in just 8 rehearsals and 1 recording session. We hope you enjoy using the link below!
Violin 1: Alexis Lewis, Logan Smith, Liza Duarte
Violin 2: Chloe Hartlep, Emily Yoder, Carson Morris, Ian Anjos
Viola: Mrs. Payne, Eden Anderson, Tripp Walker
Cello: Kayleigh Schenk
Bass: Emma Anderson
I hope everyone enjoys a much needed break and stays healthy and safe. Happy Holidays and don’t forget to practice!
Hello Orchestra families!
We are down to our final 14 days of the Fall Semester, and only a few days away from our Winter Concert! Here are some updates and reminders for the final few weeks before winter break.
- Symphonic and Chamber Orchestra Dress Rehearsal will be Monday, December 6th from 3:30-5:30pm. Students need to bring their uniforms to school, as we will be having photographers taking pictures during and after rehearsal for our KMEA Conference Program and the KMEA Bluegrass Music News.
- Winter Concert for all Orchestra students is Thursday, December 9th. Students need to be in the orchestra room dressed, ready to play at 5:30pm. The concert will be in the Gymnasium starting at 6:30pm. The performance is free and open to the public; masks required. The concert will feature all of the FDHS Bands, Orchestras and the CGWA World Percussion Ensemble. Students are required to stay for the duration of the concert (approximately 90 minutes or less). Students may stay after school if transportation is a concern. All students need to remember to wear their concert uniforms.
- Instruments MUST be taken home over winter break; do not leave them at school!
Also, congrats to our 5 students who were accepted into the KY All-State Orchestras! This is a huge achievement; the KY All-State Audition is harder than some college auditions! This is the most students FDHS has ever had in the All-State ensembles.
Navin Tantasook, Symphony Viola
Logan Smith, Commonwealth Viola
Riley Hooks, Commonwealth Viola
Ethan Tantasook, Commonwealth Cello
Emma Anderson, Commonweath Bass
If you have any questions/concerns, please let me know. I look forward to seeing everyone at our Winter Concert!