I hope everyone had a wonderful winter break. There is a lot of info in this e-mail, so please make sure to read this carefully! I tried to keep everything short and to the point.
Symphonic and Chamber Orchestra Remaining Rehearsals
- Monday, January 10th 3:30-5:30pm
- Monday, January 24th 3:30-5:30pm
- Monday, January 31st 3:30-5:30pm (DRESS REHEARSAL, No uniform)
Symphonic and Chamber Orchestra KMEA Performance
- Thursday, February 3rd
- Bring uniform and instrument to school; no personal belongings other than a small bag
- Go to advisory; report to orchestra room 1st block (B-Day)
- We will not return until close to 7:30pm; make sure to contact your teachers ahead of time for missed assignments
- Performance is FREE and Open to the public – Kentucky International Convention Center, 4:30pm
Solo & Ensemble
- Saturday, January 29th at BSHS
- If you have any specific time requests, I MUST know by THIS FRIDAY MORNING!
- Do not forget your instrument, music and to dress nicely!
- Parent preview performance
- Thursday, January 27th 6:30pm in the Auditorium
- You may stay after-school or arrive by 5:30pm
- Students may wear any dress attire
- When there are NTI/Snow Days, there will be ZOOM classes (unless FCPS/FDHS says otherwise).
- Links for the Zoom classes will be on Canvas.
- In order to receive credit, you must have your camera on and instrument in your hand (participating).
- If you cannot play at home for any reason, please contact me ASAP for an alternative assignment.
EKU High School String Festival
- Optional activity for any students interested
- We are limited to only 25 students – priority will be given based on grade level/ensemble placement
- Contact Mrs. Payne ASAP if you plan on participating
More information for specific events/activities will be sent as we get closer to the dates. Please make sure to let me know if you have any questions.