Orders are due November 11th!
- Solo and Ensemble Permission Slips and Fees are due Wednesday, October 2nd
- Playing Tests are due to Google Classroom by Monday, October 7th
- Our first concert is Thursday, October 10th
- Students arrive dressed between 5:30-6pm
- Girls: Black Dress (provided), black dress shoes, nude/black tights optional
- Boys: Black tux pants, white tux shirt, bow-tie, cummberbund, black dress shoes, black socks; jacket will be provided at the concert and must be returned at the end of the concert.
- Performance begins at 6:30pm
- Students are required to attend the entire concert
Congrats on a great first few weeks! Each ensemble is working very hard and have had a very successful start to their concert pieces for the October concert. Upcoming in September:
- Mentoring begins on September 5th at EJ Hayes, and September 12th at Crawford.
- Private lessons will begin the first week of September.
- The North Star Orchestra will have their first rehearsal on September 6th after-school.
- All-State registration forms are due September 6th.
- Dr. Jasinski and Dr. Darville from EKU will be working with the Concert Orchestra on September 6th.
- Concert attire sizes are due September 13th.
- Solo and Ensemble Registration is due September 30th.
Please continue bringing in Sponsorship forms. All Sponsorships received prior to the first concert will be included in the October concert program.
Keep up the good work!
Students should have brought home information regarding the following:
- FDHS Orchestra Handbook
- Return Participation Contract with $25 class fee
- If you need to purchase a uniform, include $55 with the class fee
- A copy of the Handbook is available for download under “parent resources”
- Rental Contracts (for students using FDHS instruments)
- Return with $25 Rental Fee
- Remind 101 sign-up information
- Sign-up information for:
- Private Lessons
- North Star Orchestra (AKA Fiddle Club)
Please return the above forms with the associated fees by the end of the month.
Chair Auditions are due to Google Classroom August 22nd.
Hello FDHS Orchestra members and families!
I am excited to start the new year, and look forward to meeting all of you. We will have a meet and greet on Friday, August 9th 6pm at Jacobson Park Shelter #2. Please use the RSVP form below; a main dish will be provided, we just ask each family to please bring a drink, side-dish or dessert.
Jacobson Park 4001 Athens Boonesboro Road Shelter #2 6-8pm
If you have not already, please “like” our Facebook page for up to date information. Students should join our Google Classroom (contact me if you need help with this) to find information such as chair/part auditions.
Please continue read through our website for information about the new Hayes and Crawford mentoring program, our new North Star Orchestra (aka “Fiddle Club”), Concert dates, required materials, All-State auditions, our new private lesson program, and our sponsorship program.
The FDHS Orchestra would not be possible without support of our parents. We will be starting a non-booster parent organization to help with uniforms, chaperoning, etc. If you are interested in being part of this organization, please complete the form below.
If interested in volunteering, please fill out the below information.
Thank you so much for reading through this important information. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. I currently do not have a phone at FDHS, but you may contact me through e-mail or our Facebook page.
For those of you whom I have not met or spoken to yet, my name is Sarah Payne and I will be the new orchestra director at FDHS. I have worked at Bryan Station MS since 2011, and have also met many of you as the District 7 MS Honors Orchestra Chair, KMEA All-State Chair, and Viola instructor and Conductor at the EKU Foster Music Camp. Prior to working in Lexington, I worked at Lawrence Central High School in Indianapolis from 2006-2010, so I am very excited to be returning to high school.
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and invite you and your families to attend a meet-and-greet picnic at Jacobson Park on Friday, August 9th at 6pm, Shelter #2. I will send a RSVP in July; if you are not sure whether you are going to be in orchestra next year or not, please come anyway!A FDHS Google Classroom has already been created, and the students have received an invite to their school e-mail accounts. Please visit the page, and fill out the “get to know you” survey.I have a lot of exciting concerts and events planned for the FDHS orchestra, and am looking forward to a very exciting school year as we build the program!
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have. I look forward to working with all of you, and hope that everyone has a safe and restful summer! firstname.lastname@example.org