Hello: Please be aware that after much debate and discussion, we came to the difficult decision to cancel the band and orchestra concert this evening. This was not mandated by the district, but was instead decided for the safety of the students and audience members. We have numerous students absent from school today due to illness, and have watched as other athletic and arts events have been cancelled across the state. We were expecting a large audience of over 300 this evening, and did not feel it would be a safe atmosphere. We are looking to either live-stream or re-schedule the concert after we know more about any possible school cancellations. Thank you.
Information on signing up and auditioning for the FDHS Orchestras can be downloaded here: FDHS Orchestra (1)
- Mentoring will continue every Thursday at Crawford MS and Hayes MS. Please click here for the schedule. New mentors are welcome to join.
- North Star Orchestra (AKA Fiddle Club) will continue every Friday after-school until 5:00pm. New members are welcome to join: schedule
- Changes to schedules:
- NO mentoring January 30th
- YES mentoring February 20th
- Fiddle Club will end early 1/10 at 4:30pm
- Make sure you have the following dates marked in your calendars!
- Assessment Preview Concert, Thursday March 12th
- Assessment Wednesday, March 18th (Concert & Symphonic Orchestra during school; Chamber Orchestra after-school)
- Shirts are available for purchase! $14 – add $1 ($15 total) for a decal!
Check out our Photo Gallery! Located under “About.” Have photos to submit to the photo gallery? Send them to Mrs. Payne!