We have hit the very busy month of December! There are a lot of rehearsals, concerts and events going on during this month, so please make sure to read carefully, and make sure your calendars are up to date.
Wednesday, December 4th: Required rehearsal for all Symphonic and Chamber Orchestra members. 3:30-5pm in the orchestra room.
Thursday, December 5th: Mentoring at EJ Hayes 4-5:15pm.
Friday, December 6th: Final Fiddle Club rehearsal of the year; 3:30-5pm.
Saturday, December 7th: Select members of the Fiddle Club performance at the Tree Lightening Ceremony. Governor’s Mansion – arrive 7:30pm. Concert attire!
Tuesday, December 10th: Playing tests are due to Google Classroom.
Thursday, December 12th: Concert! Rehearsal 1:30-3:30pm; Activities/Pizza Party/Change Clothes 3:30-5:30pm; Concert begins 6:30pm. Please remember to bring your home instruments and concert attire to school this day!
Parents, if you have not done so already, please volunteer to help with this event!!
Friday, December 13th: Any student who did not participate in Solo & Ensemble, Fiddle Club, Mentoring, or CKYO must turn in their Concert Attendance paper by this date. The concert must be a collegiate or professional orchestra, so please make sure to attend a performance before this date!
Saturday, December 14th: Fiddle Club performance. 10am, Eastside Library; 2pm, Liberty Ridge Retirement Home. Fun Holiday Attire!
Finals week: All instruments go home on December 18th!! You do NOT need instruments December 18th-20th due to Finals.
If you have any questions about any of the above dates, please let me know. Thank you!!
Congrats to everyone who performed at Solo & Ensemble today! We had a total of 20 Distinguished and 4 Proficient Ratings!! Congrats to all!!!
J.J., Mason & Mackenna – Distinguished Trio
Alexis L. – Distinguished Solo
Deen – Proficient Solo
Adrianna S. – Distinguished Solo
Taylor B. – Distinguished Solo (Perfect Score!)
Liza D. – Distinguished Solo
Prakriti, Blake & Prosperity – Distinguished Trio (Perfect Score!)
Liza and Annika – Distinguished Duet (Perfect Score!)
Lawson H. – Distinguished Solo
Tate & Eli – Proficient Duet
Kylie – Proficient Solo
Alexis, Ethan, Navin & Lawson – Distinguished Quartet (Perfect Score!)
Logan, Blake & Ali – Distinguished Trio (Perfect Score!)
Elizabeth & Maddie – Distinguished Duet (Perfect Score!)
Alex & Naya – Distinguished Duet
Evanna – Proficient Solo
Prakriti & Priti – Distinguished Duet
Jacob, Irv & Jordan – Distinguished Trio
Braden, Ali & Keyshawn – Distinguished Trio
Annika – Distinguished Solo (Perfect Score!)
Phocheng – Distinguished Solo
Olivia & Julianne – Distinguished Duet (Perfect Score!)
Emma – Distinguished Solo
Mozart Ensemble – Proficient Ensemble
Check out our Photo Gallery! Located under “About.” Have photos to submit to the photo gallery? Send them to Mrs. Payne!
There are quite a few events going on this month, so please read thoroughly.
1) If you received a letter from FDHS in regards to a missing orchestra fee, but you have paid, please disregard.
2) Mentoring this month will take place on the 7th at Hayes and the 14th at Crawford. There will be no mentoring on the 21st and 28th.
3) Fiddle Club has one final rehearsal this Friday, November 8th until 5pm. We will also meet on November 22nd in preparation for our December performance. There will not be Fiddle Club on November 15th. Any student who wishes to become a new Fiddle Club member for our December performance must attend the November 22nd rehearsal.
4) Fiddle Club and CGWA 6-8th grade will have their Veterans Day performance on Monday, November 11th. The students should arrive by 6pm; the concert begins at 6:30pm. Students are to wear “dress” attire (i.e. dress pants, button up shirts, dresses, etc.) within school dress code. Any student not in fiddle club may attend the performance for extra credit.
5) All-State Auditions are on Saturday, November 16th at Woodford County Middle School. Students have received their audition times. Students should arrive 15-30 minutes early to tune, warm-up, and find your audition room.
6) All students participating in Solo and Ensemble are required to perform at our S&E Recital night on Thursday, November 21st. Students should arrive by 6pm; the performance begins at 6:30pm. Students are to wear “dress” attire (i.e. dress pants, button up shirts, dresses, etc.) within school dress code. Any student not participating in Solo and Ensemble may attend the performance for extra credit.
7) Solo & Ensemble is Saturday, November 23rd at Bryan Station High School. Students will receive their times this week.
November 8th: Fiddle Club Permission Slips for Veterans Hospital Performance
November 11th: Shirt & Decal Order forms (copy attached)
November 11th: Accessories Order forms (copy attached)
December 10th: Playing Tests to Google Classroom
December 12th: Concert (students will stay after-school for this concert; concert begins at 6:30pm)
December 14th: Fiddle Club Performance (10am location TBA; 2pm Liberty Ridge Senior Living Facility)
Orders are due November 11th!